John Muir Health - Volunteer Services
John Muir Health provides a diverse range of volunteer opportunities. Volunteers have been an integral part of John Muir Health since the early days of our medical centers. Over 1,600 volunteers now donate their time throughout our campuses, health facilities, and outreach programs.
Whether you're in school, retired, an empty-nester, new to the area, or even working full-time, you'll find ways to serve your community through John Muir Health. Some volunteers provide service behind the scenes, while others interact directly with patients, visitors, staff, and doctors. We will help match you with a role that suits your interests and abilities.
We request a minimum commitment of six months or 100 hours. Volunteers are asked to serve at least two shifts per month or every other week. The application process may take six to eight weeks.
Must be a Contra Costa County resident. For Pleasanton Outpatient Center, applicants may be from Castro Valley, Dublin, Pleasanton, Livermore or Sunol.
- Submission of a complete volunteer application
- Satisfactory background check through Hire Right
- Receipt of two acceptable references
- QuantiFERON-TB test, provided for free
- Flu shot from Nov. 1 - April 30 each year (State/County mandates), provided for free
- Attendance at a group interview, orientation, and any required training